Friday, December 19, 2008

How about some deer


This weekend Ron stopped by and offered us a deer. So on Tuesday evening we all met at Ron's house and processed our deers. It was a icy cold night and working out in the shop with the wood fire made us cozy and warm. Ron provided the big work table, knives and his expert help on cutting up the deer. Jarrod, Tif and Linda helped me toward the end of the evening, cause I was getting really tired. Tif vacuumn sealed all the steaks and roasts for me and the chunks of meat I brought home and canned to have ready to eat meat anytime we get hungry. All in all it was a super experience and I loved the back to nature feeling it gave me, you know like picking veggies out of your garden, or making pj pants nothing better than feeling like I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR!