Monday, May 5, 2008

New Recipes

Good morning girls, hope everyone is fine on this Monday morning. I tried a couple of new recipes from the food network that I thought I would share with you.

Crab Rangoon Dip

2 cans crabmeat drained
1 can campbells cream of shrimp soup
2 8 oz pkg cream cheese cut in cubes
1 tsp worchestire sauce
2 tsp soy sauce

Mix your ingredients together and pour into oven safe dish. Broil for 10 to 15 minutes. But I would keep an eye on it . Dont try to cream the cream cheese first it is supposed to be in chunks. She fried Wonton wraps but I just used tortilla chips or bread like for Brushetta.


Rootbeer Brownies

1 1/2 cup flour
2 c sugar
2 sticks softened butter
1 tsp salt
4 eggs
2 tsp root beer extract

Mix all ingredients and bake at 350 for 28 to 32 minutes. I frosted it with powdered sugar icing that I had added Rootbeer Scnapps to but you could use the rootbeer extract if you wanted to. This is a Paula Deen recipe, but she made Orange brownies using orange extract. I thought you could use any kind of extract, not flavoring to make brownies. Just makes us a cut above everyone else.

No comments: