Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Time to Blog

Well I figured I should blog and give some updates since it has been awhile. Jerrod now has got our garden in and it is starting to look pretty good. It also looks like we are going to have a large peach and apple crop this year, along with sunflowers for the doves. Summer is gearing up and that means softball for us. Kaylie is playing on two teams this year and Jerrod has finally given up softball at 31 years old.

Our family was super excited last week to learn that Kaylie had won the Superintendant's Award at her school. The Superintendant's Award is given to the student that has the highest grade point average for the year in the grade. So Kaylie got 5th grade this year!

School is still a bitch. Right now I am doing a business simulation that allows me to manage a global camera company for the next 5 or 6 years. Unfortunately at the pace of my classes each year is over every Thursday and then again on Sunday's so I have to plan 6 years worth of business decisions in less than 3 weeks .

The George's are also taking their first family vacation ever! Kaylie, Jerrod, & I will be spending the first week in June in Gatlinburg, TN. We are planning on going to Dollywood, the Dixie Stampede, and some of the Ripley's attractions. Unfortunately Einstein will be going to the Kennel instead of Doggywod (and there seriously is a Doggywood)! Poor Velcro will be staying her usual stay at the George Motel alone (our house), needless to say she will be mad. (For some reason she acts like she has to go to work every morning at 5 a.m. chasing the birds outside).

Well that's about all I got right now. I thought I would end with some time of thought provoking reflection or question for everyone to answer but I can't seem to think of anything.