Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Today is food day

Everything I looked at online this morning has had to do with food. So indulge me and let me tell you what I found.

Almost Snickers Ingredients
12 oz Low fat ice cream; softened
1 pk Sugar free Chocolate pudding
1 c Low fat Cool Whip
3 oz Grape Nut cereal
1/4 c Crunchy peanut butter
Instructions for Almost SnickersMix together ice cream, Cool Whip, peanut butter and pudding. Fold in Grape Nuts. Spread in 8x8 inch pan and freeze. Recipe By : Mary Ann Housman (WW leader) Posted
I think this would be a great make ahead dessert for any party or when your Mother in Law(thats me) comes to visit. I dont understand why they used diet like stuff, but I am willing to give it a try.


Comfort Cookies
1 c. sugar
½ c. butter
1 egg, beaten
1 c. grated zucchini
2 c flour
½ t. cinnamon
½ t. cloves
½ t. salt
1 t. baking soda
2 T. finely chopped fresh basil
1 c chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 375. Cream sugar and butter, add egg and beat. Add grated zucchini alternately with dry ingredients, mixed together. Stir in basil and nuts. Drop by small spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets and bake 12-15 minutes.

This cookie recipe was in the latest Susan Witting Albert book I read called Bloodroot. They sound all the different and yummy.