Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Alright Already!

Mom's been on my butt cuz I haven't sat on the porch for awhile...so here I am with a nice tall glass of ice water with a wedge of lemon floating in it. Mom might have mentioned to ya'll that Crissy and I are working on a "lifestyle change." So far I've lost 8 lbs. and Crissy's lost 16 lbs. We aren't drinking pop or tea with sugar, and we're trying not to eat anything we can't pronounce. Read the labels, it's harder than you think. I think I'm almost able to gauge how much a portion is! I would recommend reading "Eat this, Not that" to help pick the best options at the grocery store on the regular things you eat. The best advice I've heard so far is to stick to the outside of the store when grocery shopping; the inside aisles are where the "bad" stuff is. The best part is that we are trying a lot of new things and now we're out of that food rut. Jo, don't forget that summer is time for Tzatziki sauce...I've really been enjoying veggie burgers with feta cheese and Tzatziki! The most pleasant surprise has been the Smart Balance butter alternative made out of EVOO.