Monday, March 2, 2009

Knitted Clogs

If you have talked to me in the last week you know I took a knitting class on making felted clogs. The pattern was pretty easy it just had some new ways of doing things such as a three needle bind off.










The way the pattern worked is you knitted one sole and then the top of the clog and then you knitted another sole and attached it at the same time you were binding off.


The two soles give more comfort and cushiness. You just whip stitched it together when you were done. The whole clog is made huge, because during the felting it shrinks a lot!





See how big the thing was. Through the magic of internet I will fast forward past the science experiment with Kat and Crissy where we shrunk the clogs in hot water in the washer to the final results.


Alapeanutbutter sandwich, I have felted clogs. Now the washer did leave fuzz balls on the clogs that I shaved with a razor, but all in all I was happy with the way they turned out. When I tried them on for Red Dog he said I looked like Tweety Bird and he as waiting for me to say "I thought I saw a Putty Cat"