Sunday, December 9, 2007

Corner to Corner Afghan

I finished my corner to corner afghan that I had been making for Cassie!  I think it turned out very nice.  I made it to throw over the couch cushion because that is where she likes to nap.IMG_3200   I discovered this pattern because my Aunt Frannie always uses this pattern when making afghans for new babies because it is soooo easy to work up and makes a nice square.  She made one for Liam and I loved it.  So, I googled and googled until I found the pattern.  I finally found it on a blog called Anastacia's Knits.   If you look closely you will see that the pattern is a series of diagonal shells.  It really does work up fast and is super easy, it is one of those patterns where you don't have to think or count, you just go to town.  Then when you get to the diagonal length you want, you begin IMG_3202to decrease.  This is going to be one that I will certainly again.  Maybe for Bethany, she is due in May.  She will find out what she is having on December 2oth.  Then I'll know what color of yarn to buy!

Candy, did you find your angel pattern online, or do you have it in hard copy?  They are all awesome!!!!

No comments: