Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Monday with Creamy Tomato Sauce and Upside Down Pineapple Cake

So, I played hookie from work today:')  Hey, I'm entitled... I got my homework done.  I did ALL the laundry, took a little nap, then got busy cooking.

I have been thinking about making a creamy tomato sauce for quite some time.  The recipe I found called for heavy whipping cream, which I never have.  Candy suggested just starting w/ the rue based white sauce, so I did.  I added a can of tomato sauce, then some basil and garlic salt!!  YUMMY.   I have to say that it turned out really good.   I then added the leftover salmon to it.  Then I regretted it.  The sauce was still good, but you could only taste the salmon and not how yummy the sauce was all by itself. 

Then I was watching the cooking channel and decided to make a Upside Down Pineapple Cake.  My Mom made them all the time when I was a kid but I don't think I ever made one myself.  So, it is done and is cooling on the counter.  I'll probably serve it here in a minute.

Sorry, no pics today... I guess you will just have to use your imagination:')

No comments: