Thursday, January 24, 2008

Cavit Pinot Grigio

We went to Amante's restaurant for dinner tonight w/Lance and Jenny and their boys... 

I don't think the family that owns the place is italian, but the food was like that.  Charlie got Tortellini Alfredo and Jenny and I split a Feta Fettish pizza.  It is a white pizza w/mozzerella cheese, feta, green peppers and banana peppers.  It was good, not really good, but good.  I ordered a glass of the Cavit Pinot Grigio... now that was GOOD... so I just thought I'd share.  If you like a pinot this is good pick.  It was light and crisp, not too fruity, not too sweet and not too dry.  No biting after taste like that crazy shit Charlie brought home from Rome.  It was awful!  He actually dumped his glass out and I cut the remainder w/ Sprite.  I sure as hell was not going to let it go to waste...   Oh, the best part is...  this is an affordable bottle, about $10.  I always try to pay NO more than $10 for a bottle of wine.   Definitely a sit around and get drunk wine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, I'm very glad I bumped into your fun blog. Really enjoy all the posts I read.
I see that we share similar interests, please feel free to visit mine.
Thanks!
~Abigail Krywy