Thursday, January 3, 2008

Crochet DROPS scarf

I needed a break from the baby blanket, which is coming along very nicely.

I saw this DROPS pattern on Vickie Howell's blog.  I thought is was really cute and thought I'd give it a shot.  The pattern says to use a double stand, I'm not doing that... I'm just using a red boucle that I think is red heart... not sure.  I can't afford the alpaca that the pattern calls for...  So, far I think mine looks pretty good!!!  The pattern is kind of weird at first, but then picks up fast.  Oh.. and I've never crocheted from a diagram before, we talked about that over Christmas.  So, I was a little intimidated at first, but once I learned the symbols, I think I actually like it better!  I'll take pics when I'm further along.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Woah this drops scarf is SO nice! (I found your blog through a google of "newsboy pattern". When I went to the pattern site though it looked SO complicated! Any tricks or explanations you can offer for those diagram things?
thanks so much!
(you can email me at slangfor@dal.ca or my google email if you have time to toss me some tips!)