Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It's too late baby, now it's too late

The bad news is that I'm going to have to buy a new wardrobe, but the good news is that I got the job so I would need the clothes anyway. I hate khakis. Some people are khaki people and I am not one of them. *Sigh*

Jo- thank you so much for your response. I'm off tomorrow (today) and I seem to have a whole new outlook. Hard work really can make a difference and now maybe I need to turn some of that effort towards myself. I feel a spring cleaning coming on for myself and my environment. The suggestions that you gave seem like very real things that I can implement as part of a lifestyle change. Also, my new position will not require as much hard physical labor and lifting, so I already have high hopes for feeling better in my body. Maybe I'll even be able to walk at the end of the day.

I'm happy about the new job and I love to learn and grow, but I am also intimidated by the shear lack of experience that I have in the area that I'll be working in. I believe that I will be in charge of all of the specialty departments and I've never even worked in one! Somebody out there must have an awful lot of faith in me. Doors, windows, flooring, kitchens and appliances...Eee gads!

No comments: