Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mornin' all!

Hey everybody, mom just called me to let me know they are home and doing ok. They don't have any power (again), so you won't be able to call. If you Reeaaalllly need to get ahold of them, she has dad's cell phone, but they don't have any way to recharge it.

Jo, I'm totally with you on the good cup of coffee. A few ideas....putting the vanilla in the sugar and using regular half and half. Ask mom about this, Crissy and I both love her vanilla sugar, and you can recycle the cardboard creamer container. Another thought is using the flavored coffee syrups like the coffee shops use in a regular cup o' Jo. A little goes a long way, so even if the plastic container isn't recylable, you wouldn't be throwing one out every week and you can get it at Wal-mart. I like keeping some of the syrup around...in the winter I add it to coffee, and in the summer you can mix it with ice cream and club soda to make an Italian Soda. Mmmm I can't wait for spring!

That cocoa recipe sounds yummy! It reminds me of the Mexican hot chocolate that I love so much. In our Mexican food section at the store you can get Abulita as bars or packets. Yes, it's weird searching between the refried beans and jalepenos to find hot chocolate, but it's worth the search. I like the bars, cuz I can break off as much as I want for each cup. It's in a 6"tall, yellow box with like six sides and has a picture of somebody's grandma holding a cup.