Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sun-Dried Tomato & Garlic Dip

In case I did not mention this before, my Mom, Ginger, is collecting recipes for a family recipe book. Isn't that a neat idea? This recipe was submitted to her from my cousin Cheryl, who lives in Ft. Lauderdale Florida.

Sun-Dried Tomato & Garlic Dip
1 tub 8oz Cream Cheese Spread
½ cup Miracle Whip dressing
½ cup Sun-Dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained, chopped
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Mix all ingredients until well blended.
Chill, the longer, the better, up to 24 hrs advance.
Serve with crackers and/or cut up vegetables.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cheryl says that this is one of her Mom's (my Aunt Karen) favorite dips.
I made this today for a football game party that we went to.
In Jo Knox tradition, I did not have all the ingredients.... I substituted the tomatoes with roasted red peppers, also drained and chopped. I buy these by the jar at the dollar store!!!
We like to keep jars of roasted red peppers on hand, they are so nice for sandwiches and dips!!!