Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sun-Dried Tomato & Garlic Dip

In case I did not mention this before, my Mom, Ginger, is collecting recipes for a family recipe book. Isn't that a neat idea? This recipe was submitted to her from my cousin Cheryl, who lives in Ft. Lauderdale Florida.

Sun-Dried Tomato & Garlic Dip
1 tub 8oz Cream Cheese Spread
½ cup Miracle Whip dressing
½ cup Sun-Dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained, chopped
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Mix all ingredients until well blended.
Chill, the longer, the better, up to 24 hrs advance.
Serve with crackers and/or cut up vegetables.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cheryl says that this is one of her Mom's (my Aunt Karen) favorite dips.
I made this today for a football game party that we went to.
In Jo Knox tradition, I did not have all the ingredients.... I substituted the tomatoes with roasted red peppers, also drained and chopped. I buy these by the jar at the dollar store!!!
We like to keep jars of roasted red peppers on hand, they are so nice for sandwiches and dips!!!
There was an error in this gadget